Saturday, January 9, 2010

A Little Late

For New Year's weekend we went to J's parents to celebrate Christmas. Since getting home we have been busy, lazy, or tired and I haven't gotten the blog updated. I am finally getting around to it while D is helping out with the girls.

We opened Christmas gifts on New Year's day, which was lots of fun. I think this is the first time we opened gifts without being ready for the day. Everybody's hair is a bit of a mess.

Bria and Bentley received lots of fun things. One of Bria's favorites was this tutu that goes with a pair of PJ's. She wears it with everything, and even had to wear it to Daddy's office one day this week.

Bria played her new game of Trouble with everyone.

Bentley with her Frosty the Snowman.

We spent some time outside on New Year's day playing in the huge snow pile. Grandma has all of those pictures. I even went out and played in the snow with everyone while D stayed in the warm house with Bentley. I really don't like the cold, but still had tons of fun. It was about 2 below and no wind. We were able to stay warm enough with all of the climbing and walking through the snow. Other activities included a large family Christmas gathering at J's grandparents that ended up being postponed from Christmas day. I saw some of my cousins and uncles and aunts that I haven't seen in years.

Now we are back home and settled back into life as usual. Hopefully, we will be home for a while now, with just a trip to a larger city/town for groceries.

No comments: