Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Grandpa and Grandma’s House

Last week my Dad asked for some help with the corn harvest. He needed David starting Wednesday morning. Tuesday evening David took the girls and headed to their house, and I stayed home to take care of some previous engagements and other projects. Grandma looked after the girls while David ran the grain cart. Grandma took the girls out to the field to ride along in the tractor and combine Wednesday. Then on Thursday night, after all of my activities were done, I headed to my parents too.

The girls and I enjoyed a hay ride Friday evening. My Mom arranged it through the Christian Youth Center she runs.

SAM_2386

SAM_2387

This was their first hay ride. They had a great time, and have asked to go again since we’ve been home.

SAM_2404

The dirt pile at the back of grandma’s garden provided a great place for the girls to play. They discovered it not too long before we had to leave. Just before we left I had to give them a quick bath because of all the dirt—pockets and shoes were loaded with it.

Saturday night we came back home. David came home a couple of hours after us, when he finished helping harvest the field they were on.

No comments: