Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas

This year for Christmas, we traveled to my parents’ home.  We spent the weekend prior to Christmas through Christmas Day at my family's.  My siblings and I all thought it felt a little unusual to be there so much before Christmas day; we weren’t always rushing around to get things done.  This Christmas was relaxing with lots of time for rest and fun, and not nearly as much work.
We did most of our usual traditions with the church Christmas program on Christmas Eve, followed by my parents opening their gifts from church family, and enjoying mom’s eggnog (I think my sister may have actually made it this year).  We stayed up late playing the came of Pit, which was tons of fun.  Some of us were laughing so hard it made us cry and gave us sore stomach muscles.
SAM_3721
Bentley entertained herself before the Christmas program by dancing in the front of the church.  Uncle C danced with her for a while.  It was really adorable.
Unfortunately, the late night and several coughing spells through the night made me quite miserable for Christmas Day.  We started the morning with our tradition of my dad reading the Christmas Story from Luke, opening our stockings, then opening our gifts.
IMG_0063
This is the pile of presents just before we opened them.  My brother and I were taking pictures so we aren’t in this picture.
During the time we were there, most of my pictures were taken with my iPod rather than the camera.  Once I looked at the pictures on the computer I realized they weren’t nearly as clear as they first appeared, so I won’t be sharing many of those pictures.  Here are just a couple of pictures of the girls during the gift opening:
IMG_0067
Bentley loving up the new bedspread for her's and Bria’s bed.  They couldn’t wait for us to put it on their bed when we got home.
IMG_0068
The gorilla from Uncle C and Aunt T that is just as big as Bentley.  She had a great time tackling, hugging, and playing with it while we continued to open gifts.  She named him George, after Curious George.  Here at home she carries him everywhere.
IMG_0074
Bria really likes this blanket from Uncle N that says “Tractors are for Girls”. 
The girls have really been enjoying their new clothes and toys.  Thank you everyone for all your generosity.  I really appreciate that we emphasize that even though we open presents that Christ is the center of Christmas.  Bria has continued to say since we’ve been home, that Jesus is important, not presents.  I hope that both girls will continue to realized that truth every year when we celebrate Christmas (and all through the year).

No comments: