Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Yes Mommy, I Will.

While we were at my family’s house over Christmas Bria said to me, “Mommy, I will do everything you tell me.  I will obey you all the time, while we are at grandma’s house.”

I asked her why she was only going to obey at grandma’s house and not once we got home.  She just shrugged her shoulders, knowing that she wouldn’t be able to keep that promise.  In all reality I didn’t actually expect it to even last through Christmas.  We have been pleasantly surprised, however.  Both girls have been quite cooperatively saying, “Yes Mommy, I will,” almost consistently since Christmas.  We did have a period of time while they were both sick and for a while after where they were quite as cooperative.  Upon reminding them how nice it was when they were obedient, along with reminding them of God’s commands to obey their parents, they have once again started replying with “Yes Mommy, I will.”

Ahhh! (pleasant sigh)  What a great reward for continually teaching our children according to the directions of God’s Word.  How important it is to hold firm to our beliefs!

No comments: