Wednesday, January 18, 2012

If I Could Only Take a Picture…

Right now my two girls are playing so nicely together.  They are talking quietly, Bria was showing Bentley a shape book, and I think they are actually sharing a tent (probably playing house).  Taking a picture destroys the moment because it distracts them from what they are doing. Some of their games I can only speculate about because if I interrupted in any way we would lose the moment—playing together nicely would be completely over, they would insist on sitting with me while I type this, then they would start fighting about something. 

Their behavior is not at all what I would expect, especially considering that grandpa and grandma just left a little while ago.  Generally after company leaves the girls think they need just as much one-on-one attention as they had before, but can’t get all they want from me.  Bentley actually wanted to go home with grandpa and grandma instead of staying here.  It is amazing how much those two love their grandparents, and from what I can tell the feeling is mutual.

No comments: