Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Summary of the Last Month

The last month has gone by so quickly, and I don't even have pictures to show for it.

Once school got out, the girls spent a few days with David's parents. A week later the girls and I headed to my parents' for VBS (it is three days from 9am to 2pm). The Monday after was VBS at our church. Summer didn't really feel like it started until after that first week in June.

The following week at home that wasn't too eventful. It consisted mostly of yard projects; like cleaning out the landscaping rocks. Then we headed to my parents for a little less than 24 hours. We wanted to spend some time at the river and needed to see the chiropractor. Ahhhh!

A few days later, we were on our way to David's parents to do some work around the farm, getting it ready for his parents' move. David wasn't able to accomplish all that he had hoped.


During our time there, most of the state had some very bad weather. At home there had been some hail and strong straight line winds. My garden was in shreds and some of my flowers are in really bad shape. It has been about five days so the plants are starting to look better. I decided to pull up the corn and replant because it was just to depressing to look at from my kitchen window.


Monday evening, we spent picking strawberries at the same farm we did last year. This year, we brought home three gallons and that wasn't even all that we picked. We have enjoyed pie, sorbet, and ice cream. Tomorrow we will have fresh jam. Yum!!!

Sorry if this post looks funny, it was too nice to be inside so I tried posting from my iPod.

No comments: