Saturday, July 20, 2013

July 4th, A Quick Overview

July has been, and continues to be, another busy month.  The girls were with my parents for the last few days of June until we went to my parents' on July 3rd.  They enjoyed their time playing at the youth center, picking cherries on my parents’ cherry tree, camping at the river, and all the fun things that come with camping (i.e. Smores, swimming, etc.)
IMG_0516
Bentley helping Grandpa with the cherries.
IMG_0533
Bria enjoying a Smore.
The beginning of the month started off with a race.  David, my dad, my brother, and another friend went to Sprint Car races the night of July 3rd.  It ended up being a long night due to the huge crowd (3 times what there was seating for) and track delays.  They drove to my parents’ after the race and didn’t get home until 4:30 am on the 4th.
IMG_0361
At the race.
July 4th brought fun at the river (a family tradition) and fireworks in the evening.  This year we were prepared for the girls’ fear of the noise and brought ear protectors.  My brother bought most of the fireworks, making for a bigger display than we had ever done at home.
IMG_0559
My sisters and me. We all unintentionally dressed almost the same.
IMG_0563
Lunch at the river after some swimming.
IMG_0568
During the fireworks.
July 5th brought a baby shower for my sister, who is expecting their first child at the end of October.  We also played a really fun game of baseball due to Bria’s insistence.
IMG_0573
Cupcakes for the shower.
IMG_0574
Tonia with her gifts.
IMG_0576
Our game of baseball.
The last couple of days at my parents were much less exciting.  I helped my mom out by working at the youth center for a few hours.  Bria came with me, and we had some good one-on-one time.  Later in the day, Tonia brought Bentley down and Chris took Bria back to Grandma so that Bentley and I could have some one-on-one time together.  David and the guys worked on the combine, Chris came back early to catch up on some of his own work.  I ran into an old high school classmate, and we caught up some.  (It has been 15 years since I have seen most of my classmates.)  On Sunday we attended church and then headed home, just to get ready to leave again on Friday.

No comments: