Friday, August 21, 2009

Almost There (Baby Update)

We are almost to the end of this pregnancy! I couldn't be more ready. Today we had a doctor's appointment and the baby is doing well. I am dilated to 2 cm and 50% effaced. That could still mean a couple of weeks before she is born (due date is September 6), or it could be tonight. For me, the sooner the better. Throughout last night and today I have had several contractions, which prevented me from getting much sleep, and so my stomach has been very uncomfortable today and I am very tired. On our drive home after the appointment I thought we might have to turn around and head back (it is a 2 hour drive from our house to the hospital). After getting out of the car and walking around we determined that I wasn't in labor yet. Hopefully I can get at least one good nights rest before she's born. We all know there won't be many after!

No comments: